Istoria marcii Mazda
Corporatia Mazda Motor este un producator japonez de automobile, cu sediul in Hiroshima, Japonia.
in 2007, Mazda a produs aproape 1,3 milioane de vehicule pentru vânzari internationale. Cele mai multe (aproape un milion) au fost produse in fabricile japoneze ale companiei, restul provenind din alte colturi ale lumii.
The Origin and Meaning of “Mazda”
The company’s name, “Mazda,” derives from Ahura Mazda, a god of the earliest civilizations in
western Asia. We have interpreted Ahura Mazda, the god of wisdom, intelligence and harmony, as
a symbol of the origin of both Eastern and Western civilizations, and also as a symbol of
automotive culture. It incorporates a desire to achieve world peace and the development of the
automobile manufacturing industry. It also derives from the name of our founder, Jujiro Matsuda
Mazda was established in 1920 as Toyo Cork Kogyo, Ltd. We
leveraged the mechanical technology of those early years to change
our name to Toyo Kogyo, and in March 1931 we manufactured our
first three-wheel truck, laying the foundation for future growth to
evalve into an automobile manufacturer.
In the three-wheel truck field, where almost all engines were imported
at that time, we emphasized R&D with the goal of achieving a totally
Japan-built product. Our recognition that technical capability was the
driving force behind corporate growth continued after World War II,
and R&D continued into basic technologies, especially materials. At
the same time we introduced a range of new industrial technologies
including shell casting, hailed as a revolution in casting, continuous
gas immersion technology, Alfing technology and ductile casting
manufacturing technology. The technological expertise and experience
we gained laid the groundwork for the future development of the
The Region and Mazda – And August 6, 1945
Mazda enjoyed a wide range of benefits thanks to the geographical
circumstances of Hiroshima. For example, the region already had
considerable technical experience in steel product fabrication and
shipbuilding, to name two, and as a result had an extensive number of
highly-trained people with crucial knowledge and skills. Mazda also
made good use of Hiroshima s excellent transportation network and
its position on Japan’s Inland Sea, becoming the first firm in the
industry to utilize maritime transport for domestic shipments, such as
to Hokkaido. Contribution to the local community where we work has
always been a core part of Mazda, ever since our birth.
On August 6, 1945, the atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima, and
Toyo Kogyo ceased all production activities. While damage to
company facilities was minimal, because of our location 5.3 km from
the center, employee morale was devastated. The company
immediately opened all facilities and its stock of medical supplies to
the public, and devoted all of its efforts to rescue activities. The
following day, on the morning of August 7, we opened emergency
contact centers in four locations throughout the city, working to
facilitate communication between employees and their families, and
For about a year from August 20, 1945, we provided portions of our
corporate facilities to the Hiroshima Prefectural government, the local
court and NHK Hiroshima Broadcasting. For this unfortunate period,
Mazda was the center of government in Hiroshima.
* Toyo Cork Kogyo Co., Ltd is founded in Hiroshima, Japan.
* Jujiro Matsuda becomes president.
* Company becomes Toyo Kogyo Co., Ltd.
* Manufacturing of Toyo machine tools begins.
* Three-wheel truck production starts.
* Begins export with 3-wheel trucks for China.
* Production of rock drills and gauge blocks begins.
* (Atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima)(End of World War II)
* Mazda loans part of headquarters building to Hiroshima prefecture and all functions of the prefecture office are transferred there.(until July 46).
* 3-wheeled truck exports restart (India).
* Jujiro Matsuda becomes chairman and Tsuneji Matsuda takes over as president.
* Introduces Mazda Romper, 4-wheel light truck.
* Introduces Mazda R360 Coupe, first Mazda 2-door passenger car.
* Enters into technical cooperation with NSU/ Wankel (formerly in West Germany) on rotary engines.
* Introduces Mazda B-series 1500 compact pickup.
* Begins local assembly in South Korea.
* Introduces Mazda Carol 600, first Mazda 4-door passenger car.
* Cumulative production reaches 1 million vehicles.
* Begins local assembly in South Africa.
* Introduces Mazda Familia Van.
* Introduces Mazda E2000.
* First generation Mazda Familia (800/1000) is introduced.
* Technical cooperation begins with Perkins Services N.V. (U.K.) on diesel engines.
* Miyoshi Proving Ground is completed.
* Introduces Mazda Proceed.
* Introduces Mazda Bongo.
* Introduces Mazda Luce.
* New passenger car plant (Ujina) in Hiroshima is completed.
* Full-scale export to the European market starts.
* Establishes sales company in Australia.
* Introduces Mazda Cosmo Sports (110S), Mazda’s first rotary engine vehicle.
* Fully redesigns Mazda 1000/1200.
* Establishes sales company in Canada.
* Begins local assembly of passenger cars in Malaysia.
* Begins full-scale exports of rotary engine vehicles.
* Ford, Nissan and Mazda agree to establish Japan Automatic Transmission Company (JATCO).
* Mazda Familia cumulative production reaches 1 million vehicles.
* Exports to the U.S. begin.
* Mazda Capella (RX-2) is introduced.
* Kouhei Matsuda becomes president.
* Establishes Mazda Motor of America (MMA).
* Begins local production in Indonesia.
* Introduces Mazda Titan.
* Introduces Mazda Savanna (RX-3).
* Begins supplying the Courier (Proceed) to Ford.
* Completes Mazda Training Center in Taibi.
* Cumulative production reaches 5 million units.
* Establishes sales company in West Germany.
* Cumulative export reaches 1 million units.
* Fully redesigns Mazda Familia.
* Begins local production in the Philippines.
* Fully redesigns Mazda Capella.
* Completes Miyoshi Diesel Engine Plant.
* Begins local production in Thailand.
* Introduces Mazda Cosmo.
* Fully redesigns Mazda Familia (Original GLC/323).
* Introduces Mazda Luce Regard.
* Kouhei Matsuda becomes chairman and Yoshiki Yamasaki takes over as president.
* Cumulative production reaches 1 million units for rotary-engine cars.
* Introduces Mazda Savanna RX-7 (RX-7).
* Fully redesigns Mazda Capella.
* New company symbol is adopted.
* Cumulative exports to North America reach 1 million vehicles.
* Cumulative production reaches 10 million vehicles.
* Ford Motor Company and Mazda enter into a capital tie-up.
- Stiri auto (444)
- Automobile istorice (9)
- Istorie marci auto (83)
- Evenimente auto (398)
- Personalitati auto (10)
- Curiozitati auto (94)
- Diverse (7)
Inca nu sunt imagini pentru acest articol --- Mazda
Nici un videoclip pentru --- Mazda
Inca nu sunt comentarii pentru articolul -- Mazda
Fii primul care comenteaza acest articol!
Poate te intereseaza si urmatorele stiri
Cele mai citite stiri auto
- Aro ar putea reveni in prim-plan anul urmator(58810)
- Dacia aproape de final cu noul Logan-2012(45591)
- O firma din Cehia inca asambleaza si vinde masini ARO(39915)
- Geneva 2011 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4(37299)
- Citroen DS4 ajunge in Romania la inceput de 2011(33292)
- Dacia Logan 2 va fi prezentata anul viitor la Salonul Auto Paris(30229)
- Poze reale cu Dacia Logan decapotabila!(28310)
- Noul model Dacia de clasa mica-Dacia City(28263)
- Bugatti 57SC Atlantic-cea mai scumpa masina din lume (28075)
- BMW X7 va avea sapte locuri(26589)
- Dacia Logan 2 va avea cu totul alta infatisare(25267)
- Primul Aston Martin cu patru usi a iesit din fabrica(24371)
- Ford pregateste atent lansarea B-Max(23803)
- Dacia Logan MPV devine Lada R90(23104)
Inceputurile liniei de asamblare. Pe la inceputurile anilor 1900, masinile pe benzina au inceput sa depaseasca in vanzari celelalte autoturisme. Piata pentru automobile economice crestea si nevoia pentru productia industriala isi facea simtita prezenta. Primi fabricanti de autoturisme a fost Franta : Panhard & Levassor (1889) si peugeot ( 1891). Prin fabricanti de autovehicule ne referim la constructori ai intregului vehicul pentru vanzare si nu doar la inventatorii motoarelor ce au experimentat doar pent
Motorul Diesel este un motor cu combustie interna, mai exact este un motor cu aprindere prin compresie, in care combustibilul se detoneaza doar prin temperatura ridicata creata de comprimarea amestecului aer-carburant, şi nu prin utilizarea unui dispozitiv auxiliar, aşa cum ar fi bujia in cazul motorului pe benzina. Motorul opereaza utilizand ciclul Diesel. Numele motorului a fost dat dupa inginerul german Rudolf Diesel la sugestia sotiei sale Martha Diesel, care in 1895 il sfatuieşte cu: Nenn